Boat stone 1000 and Sony SRS-XB10 are two popular portable Bluetooth speakers around the 3K INR price range. Both products are highly rated among users on Amazon. If you are confused as to which device to go for, here we compare the two speakers based on their design, sound quality, battery life, and connectivity.
- The Sony SRS model is splash-proof and suited for internal as well as external use. It is designed with water resistance features with an IPX5 rating. It can sustain a low-pressure water jet spray. The Boat stone 1000 speaker also comes with an IPX5 rating.
- The stylish, portable and compact design of the Sony speaker makes it easier to carry around. The Boat stone 1000 is designed with durable silicon and has a rubber matte finishing making it shock resistant and protects it against dust and water.
- The Sony speaker has a cylindrical shape and is also designed with a strap to carry it around. Also, you will be able to place the speaker horizontally or vertically with the supplied strap.
- Sony has made the speaker available in four different colours.
- The buttons on the speakers are highly responsive with minimum finger pressure.
- You can only connect the Sony speaker to one device at a time. It also lacks the next and previous buttons. Boat stone 1000 has volume minus/last track, volume +/next track, answer call/play/pause/power on/off, switch between Bluetooth and AUX-in.
- Sony SRS-XB10 has an extra bass technology which allows you to listen to bass-heavy music genres like EDM.
- Sony speakers generally have extra bass and are the case with SRS-XB10 as well. It consists of a passive radiator that works with the speaker to improve low-end tones and improve the bass of the speaker regardless of its compact size.
- The boat is driven by a powerful 14 Watt dual speakers producing extra bass and crystal clear sound
- The call audio quality is excellent and calls audio quality is distortionless and loud even outdoors.
- Since it is a budget-priced speaker, Sony hasn’t used their premium audio coding technology LDAC which allows the streaming of high-resolution audio.
- You can download the Sony music app from the Google play store to use two features like ClearAudio+ to make the vocal clearer and a dynamic normalizer to reduce thee volume difference between video and audio. This feature is useful for youtube.
- Boat stone 1000 has large enough audio quality for a hall party.
- Sony delivers up to 16 hours of battery life with its powerful 1400mAh battery whereas the Boat stone 1000 is powered by a 3000mAh battery providing almost 8 to 10 hours of battery life and talk time up to 20 hours.
- You will be able to charge your Sony speaker in 3 hours.
- Sony SRS-XB10 supports pairing via Bluetooth as well as with NFC. It has a built-in speakerphone for hands-free calling. You will be able to connect with multiple speakers. It is driven by powerful 46mm drivers and has a Bluetooth range of about 10 meters.
- The boat uses Bluetooth version 2.1 + EDR.
- Boat stone 1000, on the other hand, provides a wireless range of almost 11 meters. This speaker is compatible with many Bluetooth versions. However, not all versions support call and media control functions.
- You will be able to double the sound for your Sony speaker by pairing multiple speakers together.
- Sony XRS-XB10 has a frequency range of 2.4 GHz.
- Boat stone 1000 comes with a low-quality AUX cable.
Reasons to choose Sony SRS-XB10
- It supports pairing using both Bluetooth and NFC.
Reasons to choose Boat stone 1000
- It has slightly more Bluetooth range.
Judging based on the sound quality alone, the Sony XRS-XB10 and Boat Stone 1000 doesn’t bear much of a difference and is bang for the bucks.