Samsung and Bose have two earbuds that are available in the market as a strong counterpart for the Apple Airpods. These earbuds are analyzed here based on their design, sound quality, and Battery Life. Based on the comparisons given below, you can see whether the earbuds you are looking for have all the necessary features justifying the expensive price tag. Let’s compare the Bose SoundSport Free vs Samsung Galaxy Buds and see who wins the fight.
- Both the Samsung and Bose earbuds have stereo speakers.
- They are good for outdoor use as they are both sweat resistant. The Bose earbuds come with an IPX4rating.
- At the same time, neither earbuds are weather-sealed. It is a feature that is a must-have for expensive earbuds that are supposed to be used comfortably in all weather conditions.
- Samsung earbuds do not offer any water-resistant feature while the Boss earbuds offer IPX4 water-resistant feature. They can survive slight splashes of water.
- Both earbuds have a control panel on the device itself to adjust the volume.
Samsung Galaxy Buds are equipped with sound isolation or passive noise cancellation features. The difference between active noise canceling and passive canceling is that in Active noise canceling, a new signal of opposite phase is generated to cancel out the incoming noise signal.
Whereas in passive noise canceling technique employed by the Samsung Galaxy Buds involve generating a physical acoustic seal to reduce the noise and to prevent the audio from the earbud to leak. The Bose earbuds do not employ this feature.
- Samsung earbuds consist of a Neodymium magnet. Most earphones use ferrite magnets which are heavier in comparison. The Neodymium magnets not only make the Samsung earbuds lighter in comparison but also produces higher bass and clear high notes.
- Bose uses ferrite magnets which make them slightly heavier in comparison.
Samsung Galaxy Buds consists of a noise-canceling microphone that helps to improve the call quality by filtering the background noise from the original sound. This feature comes in handy when you use the device on travel.
- Both have two microphones each improving call quality considerably.
- However, Samsung Galaxy Buds consist of a noise-canceling microphone. Whereas the Boss SoundSport does not have this feature.
- With all the key factors against Boss, the one thing that Boss SoundSport has is voice commands. Your voice can be used to operate the device.
- The Boss earbuds have a Bluetooth range of 9 meters.
- The Galaxy Buds have 6 hours of battery life whereas the Bose SoundSport has 5 hours of battery life.
- The Samsung Galaxy Earbuds consists of a 58mAH li-ion battery.
- Battery life can be extended for an hour with the case for Samsung earbuds whereas, for Bose earbuds, the battery level can be extended a further ten more hours.
- Both earbuds have a battery level indicator.
- Both are charged wirelessly.
- Bose offers firmware updates to make the Audio-Video sync smoother. This feature is unfortunately only available for customers using iPhones, iPads or other Bluetooth devices that support AVDTP version 1.3.
- Samsung Galaxy Earbuds offers wireless charging feature along with an automatic sound switching feature. Ever since Samsung bought AKG, the audio output has become clear and crisp for their earphones and this is the case with the Galaxy Buds as well.
Reasons to choose Samsung Galaxy Buds over Bose SoundSport Free
- Samsung Galaxy Buds have passive noise cancellation features.
- It has a neodymium magnet.
- More battery life (1-hour longer).
- Samsung earbuds consist of noise-canceling microphones.