Sennheiser and Bose are two of the leading competitors in the manufacture of earphones and speakers. Both of them have two quality contenders to rival the Apple Airpods, with their earbud models. The Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless earbud and the Bose SoundSport Free earbud are slightly on the expensive side. Here we compare their characteristics in terms of Design, Sound Quality, Connectivity and Battery life.
- Both the Sennheiser Momentum and Bose SoundSport has stereo speakers providing high-quality sound from both left and right sides through independent channels.
- They are good for using while jogging since both are sweat resistant.
- The Sennheiser Momentum earbuds are IPX4 rated and can survive water splashes of a small amount. Do not drop them in the water though.
- The Bose earbuds also come with an IPX4 rating.
- The Sennheiser Momentum has a unique intuitive touchpad technology installed allowing you to control music and calls. This feature is available in both the earbuds. This makes the earbuds immediately appealing since you don’t have to take your phone for every operation.
- Sennheiser has a control panel on the earbuds itself so that you wouldn’t have to take your phone every time you have to change volume or connect voice calls or connect to Google Assistant or Siri.
- The Sennheiser Momentum has a noise-cancelling microphone. A noise-cancelling microphone helps to remove the background noise from the incoming voice calls giving a better call experience. The Sennheiser model is better in comparison with the Bose earbuds to use in noisy outdoor environments. They come in handy, especially on commute.
- Neither products have Active or Passive Noise cancelling features installed.
- The Sennheiser model has Transparent Hearing that keeps you aware of the sounds going on around you. This comes in handy while walking through a crowded traffic/street. Its two-mic beam technology also enables you to enjoy a high-quality listening experience.
- Both earbuds sacrificed neodymium magnets for ferrite magnets, in turn, sacrificing bass and sound quality.
- While the Bose SoundSport gives a battery life of about 5 hours, the Sennheiser Momentum gives a battery life of about 4 hours.
- The battery life can be extended to 12 hours when you put the earbuds back in the case for Sennheiser Momentum. Bose provided an additional 10 hours with the charging case.
- Both earbuds require approximately 2 hours to fully charge the earbuds.
- Sennheiser offers good quality connection without interference or loss of connection using Bluetooth 5.0
- For the Bose SoundSport, the connectivity will be hassle-free as long as the right earbud is within 9 meters or 30 feet of your phone. At the same time, the left earbud should also be within the same distance from the right earbud.
- You can also track down the lost earbuds the find my buds option in Bose connect app.
- The Sennheiser Momentum true wireless earbuds consist of voice prompts whereas the Bose earbuds do not have this feature. The voice prompts will remember you to charge the device while the battery is running low.
Reasons to buy Sennheiser Momentum over Bose SoundSport
- Presence of a Noise Cancelling Microphone.
- Availability of Voice Prompts
The two gadgets have similar characteristics if you compare almost all other aspects.