Many of the Outlook users who wish to migrate to Office 365 account have a common query i.e. Can I Import a PST file into Office 365 account? The answer is simply Yes, you can easily migrate Outlook PST to Office 365 account. But there is no direct option provided by the Office 365 account to import Outlook PST file. MS Office 365 services provide a great opportunity for business users to bring all the service in a single place. So in this blog, we will try to help all those users who face this common problem. We have found two methods, one is a free manual method and second is by using an automated tool for Outlook to Office 365 Migration in bulk.
Methods to Migrate Outlook PST file to Office 365 are:
1. An automated approach which will bulk export all the PST file to O365 account in a few clicks.
2. Manually move Outlook PST to Office 365 by using Azure Az Copy Tool.
Hello, I have been using Outlook for quite a time and have lots of PST files on my computer. I want to import all the data to my new Office 365 account. I haven’t found any information to perform this operation. Please tell me can I import a PST file into Office 365 account? The method should be simple and easy to understand, as I don’t have much technical knowledge
Method 1: Manual Method Migrate PST File to Office 365
1. Download and Install the Azure AzCopy tool and copy the Shared Access Signature URL
2. Now, Upload PST file to O365 accounts
3. After uploading is finished create a CSV file for Mapping PST
4. Now, create import job in O365 account and import Outlook to PST file
5. Filter Data and start the import process
Note: Manual approach to migrate Outlook PST file to Office 365 is a difficult task. The non-technical user finds this method difficult. It is better to use an automated tool to import PST to O365.
Limitation of Manual Methods
- Doesn’t perform Incremental Migration
- Cannot Import multiple PST file to Office 365 at the same time
- Cannot migrate PST file for multiple users simultaneously.
Method 2: Automated Tool to easily move Outlook PST to office 365
The Best way to Import PST to O365 account is by using an automated tool. The tool allows you to bulk import PST file directly to Office 365 account for multiple users simultaneously. This tool is given Office 365 Importer. Try the Demo version of the tool for Free and Migrate multiple PST file data to Office 365 account in a few clicks without any data loss.
Benefits of Using Office 365 Import tool
- Import multiple Outlook PST to O365 account
- Migrate PST file emails, contacts, calendars, tasks to Office 365
- Different filter option for easy migration
- Incremental Migration option to import only new data
- Maintain Folder hierarchy after the migration
Steps to Export Outlook PST file to Office 365 Account
- First Download & Install Office 365 Import Tool from the Official website.
- Enter the Account Credentials and click on Login button.
- Now, Click on “Add Folder” Option
- After that, browse and select the PST file and click on Open button.
- All the PST file data will be listed in the software, provide the emails address for PST file. And Enter the Credentials to validate.
- You can also ADD the CSV file into the software by clicking on “Add CSV” button.
- You can also apply filters as per requirement by click on checkboxes to corresponding files.
- After the click on “Attach Outlook PST file” and enable the user to create a folder.
- Click on Incremental Import button to start the migration from the last updated date.
- Click on the start button, the software will begin the migration process and you can view the result in the software itself.
Note: Automate Tool allow you to migrate multiple PST file to Office 365 account.
Many of O365 users ask the common query “Can I Import a PST file into Office 365 ?” In this blog, we have discussed simple/quick steps to import Outlook data to Office 365. The following steps are discussed in detail to migrate Outlook PST file to Office 365 without any data loss. You can try both methods to solve your problem. If you wish to stay away from limitations then use the automated solution for migration.