The JBL Flip4 and the JBL Charge 4 are two wireless Bluetooth speakers around the 10K price range. We already have done a comparison between JBL Flip 4 and JBL Charge 3. Now its time to compare JBL Flip4 vs JBL Charge 4. While the former is on the right side of the ten thousand rupees price range, the latter is slightly on the expensive side. Is the price difference justified? here we compare the two models from JBL based on their design, sound quality, battery life, and connectivity features.
|Features||JBL Flip 4||JBL Charge 4|
|Water Resistance||IPX7 rated||IPX7 rated|
|Control panel on the device||Yes||Yes|
|Battery life||12 hours||20 hours|
|Charging time||5.5 hours||3.5 hours.|
|Buy from Amazon|
- Flip 4 has 2 speaker drivers instead of the single driver present in Charge 4. More drivers result in better sound quality for Flip4.
- Both the Charge4 and Flip4 have a control panel placed on a device. You will be able to change tracks and control volume easily with this feature.
- Both devices are weather-sealed and are suitable for outdoor use. The speakers have added features to protect them from damages caused by dust, raindrops and water splashes.
- The Charge 4 and Flip 4 comes with an IPX7 waterproof rating meaning that they can be immersed up to a depth of 1 meter of water for 30 minutes and survive without damages.
- Flip4 weighs nearly half of that of the Charge 4.
- Charge 4 has an output power of 30W. High audio output power gives Charge 4 louder and clearer sounds than Flip 4 which have an audio output power of 8W.
- Charge 4 has the lowest frequency of 60Hz and Flip 4 has the lowest frequency of 70Hz. The lowest frequency rating gives it slightly better bass compared to Flip 4.
- Both speakers have passive radiators.
- Flip 4 and Charge 4 has the highest frequency rating of 20000Hz giving them clear and crisp treble.
- Flip 4 has built-in noise-cancelling microphones compared to Charge 4.
- Charge 4 has a battery capacity of 7500mAh compared to the 3000mAh battery capacity of Flip4.
- Charge 4 has a recharging time of 5.5 hours and Flip 4 has a charging time of 3.5 hours.
- Both the models form JBL have battery level indicators.
- Charge 4 provides 20 hours of battery life compared to the 12-hour battery life of Flip 4.
- Charge 4 has a built-in power bank that can charge your other devices.
- Charge 4 uses Bluetooth 4.2 technology for connecting with smartphones compared to the Bluetooth 4.1 technology used in Flip 4.
- Both models have AUX inputs and a 3.5mm audio jacks.
- Neither supports NFC but has USB ports for connectivity.
- You will be able to activate Google Assistant and Siri by long-pressing the Play button.
- Using JBL Connect +, you will be able to link more than one hundred JBL connect + enabled speakers.
- Charge 4 has a USB Type-C port.
- Neither speakers have an external memory card slot which is a huge disappointment.
- Charge 4 can connect with 2 devices simultaneously but Flip 4 can connect 3 devices simultaneously.
- Flip 4 has active noise cancelling features which are absent in Charge 4.
Reasons to choose JBL Flip 4
- JBL Flip4 has stereo speakers compared to the Charge 4.
- Flip 4 is an active speaker.
- Flip4 has 4 audio drivers instead of the one that is present in Charge 4.
- It takes about 3.5 hours to fully charge the flip 4 instead of the 5.5 hours it takes for charge 4 to fully recharge its battery.
- Flip4 has a noise-cancelling microphone.
- The JBL Flip 4 also has active noise cancelling features.
- It can connect 3 devices simultaneously.
Reasons to choose JBL Charge 4
- Charge 4 gives louder output sound because of its higher output power.
- Charge 4 has a higher battery capacity compared to the Flip 4.
- It has a USB Type-C port.
- Charge 4 has a built-in power bank.
- It uses the latest Bluetooth 4.2 technology compared to the 4.1 Bluetooth version used by Flip 4.
- It provides better bass.