We have compared JBL Live 500BT vs Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT – Comparison in the past and now its time to do another one. JBL Flip3 and Ultimate Ears Wonderbroom are two highly popular wireless Bluetooth speakers coming under the price tag of Rs.5000. If you are confused about which one to pick, refer the following comparison we did based on Design, sound quality, battery life, and connectivity.
|Features||JBL Flip 3||UE Wonderbroom|
|Water Resistance||Yes||Yes.IPX7 rated.|
|Battery Life||10 hours||10 hours|
|Buy from Amazon|
Design – JBL Flip 3 vs Ultimate Ears Wonderboom
- JBL Flip 3 and UE Wonderbroom use 40mm audio driver units meaning both of them to produce a similar amount of bass.
- Both the speakers have two drivers each resulting in better sound quality.
- They have a control panel on the device body for changing music tracks, volume, etc.
- Flip 3 and Wonderbroom speakers are weather-sealed making the speakers easier to use outdoors without causing damages from dust, raindrops, and water splashes.
- You will be able to clean the Flip 3 with tap water also. However, you should not drop it in water or submerge it. It can only survive splashes. UE Wonderbroom, on the other hand, has an IPX7 waterproof rating which means they can survive for 30 minutes at a depth of 1 meter of water. Wonderbroom edges Flip 3 when it comes to water resistance.
- Wonderbroom is also drop-proof thanks to its rugged matte finishing. It also has a hanging loop on top of the speaker that makes it easier to transport. Flip 3, on the other hand, is also made with durable fabric material and rugged rubber housing making it drop-proof as well.
- Based on sound quality, the Flip3 and Wonderbroom are pretty similar. The sound signature of the Wonderbroom is slightly bass-heavy whereas the Flip 3 is treble-heavy. Flip3 is a good pick for external use but falls behind Wonderbroom indoors due to the slight difference in Bass.
- Both the speakers sport the same lowest frequency at 80Hz meaning they produce similar bass.
- Flip 3 and Wonderbroom has the highest frequency rating of 20kHz meaning both of them produce similar clear and crisp treble.
- The Flip 3 has a noise-cancelling and echo cancelling built-in speakerphone that can filter out external noises during voice calls. This feature is absent in the Wonderbroom.
- Wonderbroom has 360-degree design enabling it to produce sound to every corner of the room. JBL employs dual external Bass radiators giving good bass output.
- JBL Flip 3 employs a powerful 3000mAh Li-ion battery giving it almost 10 hours of music playback. UE Wonderbroom provides a battery life of 10 hours as well on a single charge.
- Flip 3 has a battery level indicator which is absent in Wonderbroom.
- The Flip 3 and Wonderbroom both employ Bluetooth 4.1 version giving them lossless connectivity.
- The Flip3 has an AUX input as well in addition to wireless connectivity whereas this feature is absent in the Wonderbroom.
- Wonderbroom has a USB port for connecting pen drives. Flip 3 also employs a 3.5 mm headphone jack in addition to the USB port providing another mode of connectivity compared to the dual-mode provided by Wonderbroom.
- JBL uses the connect technology which enables the pairing of two JBL speakers.
- The JBL speakers have a connect button on its cover which when pressed together on multiple devices, they pair automatically. The Wonderbroom also allows the pairing of multiple devices by holding the UE button.
Reasons to Buy JBL Flip 3
- Flip 4 has AUX input which is absent in Wonderbroom.
- It also has a noise-cancelling speakerphone.
Based on sound quality, the Flip3 and Wonderbroom are pretty similar. The sound signature of the Wonderbroom is slightly bass-heavy whereas the Flip 3 is treble-heavy. Flip3 is a good pick for external use but falls behind Wonderbroom indoors due to the slight difference in Bass. Choosing one among them is purely a matter of choice.