Portable Wireless Bluetooth speakers are more preferred over the wired models these days due to their obvious advantages. JBL GO and Anker SoundCore Mini are two affordable Bluetooth speakers under the Rs.2000 price range. Here we compare the design, sound quality, battery life and connectivity features of both these speakers.
|Features||JBL GO||Anker SoundCore Mini|
|Noise Cancelling Speakerphone||Yes||No|
|No of microphones||1||1|
|Battery power||600 mAh||1800 mAh|
|Charge Time||1.5 hours||3 hours|
|Battery Life||5 hours||15 hours|
|Buy From Amazon|
- JBL GO and the Anker SoundCore Mini both have control panels on the speaker to change the volume or connect phone calls using a single button press. You won’t have to interact with the speaker using any cable or remote controller.
- The Anker SoundCore Mini comes at a volume of 300 cubic centimetres and JBL GO comes at a volume of 170 cubic centimetres. The smaller size of JBL GO makes it easily portable.
- Neither speakers are weather sealed. So using them outdoors is risky.
- JBL GO has a built-in strap-hook and a carrying strap.
- Anker speaker has 5Watt output power compared to the 3Watt output power provided by JBL GO. This gives Anker a slightly louder and clearer output sound.
- Anker SoundCore Mini has noise-cancelling speakerphone enabling it to filter out background noise from the desired sounds. This is especially useful while connecting calls.
- JBL GO has active noise cancelling features enabling users to listen to music at lower volume levels.
- Anker speaker has a subwoofer providing a higher quality, deeper bass.
- JBL GO comes with a built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery of 600mAh capacity and the Anker SoundCore Mini uses a more powerful 1800mAh battery.
- Anker takes 3hours to fully recharge its battery and JBL speaker requires 1 and a half hours to fully recharge its battery.
- JBL GO has a battery level indicator.
- The powerful battery gives Anker 15 hours of battery life whereas JBL GO gives a battery life of 5 hours.
- Anker uses removable batteries.
- JBL uses Bluetooth version4.0 and Anker uses a much more advanced 4.1 Bluetooth version.
- Anker has three different modes of connectivity namely, Bluetooth, AUX and SD card.
- Anker has an AUX input. It allows connecting other audio devices such as DVD players using a 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Anker also has MicroSD card support for playing music.
- Anker has 66ft of Bluetooth range.
- The control panel on Anker involves volume up, play, volume down, mode change and Power buttons whereas JBL GO uses a power button, Bluetooth connectivity indicator, a volume change button, and a button to connect calls.
- With JBL GO, you can long-press the play button to activate Google Assistant or Siri.
- You will be able to access Google or Siri with a button press with JBL. You will be able to play music, Spotify, podcasts or call and send messages using the integrated voice assistant in JBL
Reasons to choose JBL GO
- JBL GO is smaller in size and weight than Anker SoundCore Mini making it easily portable.
- The latest 4.1 Bluetooth version used by JBL gives it more lossless connectivity compared to the 4.0 Bluetooth version used by Anker SoundCore Mini.
- Anker SoundCore Mini takes 3 hours to fully charge its battery compared to the 1.5 hours it takes for the JBL GO to recharge.
- JBL GO has an active noise cancelling feature.
Reasons to choose Anker SoundCore Mini
- Anker SoundCore has a subwoofer.
- It has a higher battery capacity.
- Anker speaker has triple the battery life of JBL.
- It uses a more advanced Bluetooth version.