What is AOSP ROM?
An AOSP ROM is a ROM based on the Android Open Source Project. In the purest sense, AOSP refers to unmodified ROMs or code from Google.
- Boots 😛
- Wifi/WLAN tethering
- Mobile data
- Lights (Brightness Slider)
- Sound/ vibration
- Doze & Ambient Display
Frequently asked questions
Q : I get error 255 while flashing from recovery
A : Flash using correct TWRP Download it here Here!
Q : Is root access included into AOSP?
A : No it is not. It is however available via adb. Some testers have had success with Magisk though.
Q : I see the governor in this rom is set to performance does that drains juice and what should I do to get balanced performance and battery?
A : Yes default governor is set to performance because i dont want 1GB ram users to cry around for performance issue on oreo because people hardly value the amounts of efforts invested to do such bringups where kernels from oems were not even properly available and just rant however if you want to set it interactive you can do it and one of our pal @GuestStar came up with a brilliant guide to help you so you dont mess up while playing with kernels I really feel good when I see such volunteers coming up you can find link to his post Here!(Guide by @GuestStar) and try it.
Q : Can I flash ABC mod? Does the ROM support it?
A : Yeah sure, but I will not support you. And no, the ROM probably does not support it.
Q : Is VOLTE supported?
A : No.
Q : Can I flash XYZ kernel?
A : No, there’s a fair number of kernel changes from Nougat to Oreo.
Q : Is the ROM suited for daily usage?
A : Yes, I am using this as my daily driver from last week
Q : It says “Process system isn’t responding” after booting?
A : No worries, just press “Wait”.
How to install?
- Flash Hex Firmware patch (No need if you have already flashed)
- Wipe /system, /data, /cache, /Dalvik’s or Art cache & internal storage
- Flash the ROM + GApps (Download link below)
- Reboot, First boot will take around 10 mins so chill
- A clean flash is always recommended however
- Install ROM + GApps
Note:- OMS(Substratum) is supported but I don’t recommend to use it because things are in early stage.
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo ARM ROM for Lenovo A6000/Plus
- Gapps for AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo ARM ROM for Lenovo A6000/Plus
- Hex Firmware Patch for AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo ARM ROM for Lenovo A6000/Plus