Launched a few months ago in February 2018, the Xiaomi Redmi Notice 5 Pro is the prefect of the Note 5 series from Xiaomi. Despite getting concentrated in China and India generally, Xiaomi smartphones generally possess an excellent thriving community of testers and developers in it. As a result, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro comes with an official build of TWRP recovery now. The device has already established an unofficial build before already. Should you be seeking to root your Redmi Take note 5 Pro, that you can do as well now, thanks to the option of TWRP retrieval for these devices.
For that uninitiated, Redmi Note 5 Pro is powered using a Snapdragon 625 SoC, clocked at to 2GHz up, in conjunction with the Adreno 506 GPU 3/4GB and of RAM and 32/64GB of Internal Storage. The Smartphone includes large 5. 99-inch 18:9 display, the selfie-light module, along with the huge 4000mAh battery. If you’re a regular modder, now add to this the availability of official TWRP 3.2.1 for the device. There are a few things we should let you know, although you may have read or heard this a million times already.
Rooting your Android device and installing custom images and also other mods or pieces of software will void your warranty. Furthermore, you are relying on tools and software given by third-party sources who generally won’t take any responsibility. Android is complex and with the many devices and different variants, it is hard to promise something will work on every device. These third-party developers work for free after all. You must understand the risks and take responsibility if unexpected things happen. Although quite unlikely, you may even end up bricking your device. The AndroidPoint cannot be held responsible if you do manage to damage your device in any way even though following this guide.
- A Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, of course, with an unlocked bootloader.
- Ensure that your device has at least 50% charge left.
- Install ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Windows users will need to install Xiaomi USB drivers as well.
- Enable USB debugging and OEM unlock on your device. On your Redmi Note 5 Pro, go to Settings > About Phone and tap on the MIUI version 7 times. Developer options can now be found in Settings > Additional settings.
- TWRP-3.2.1-0-whyred.img | Mirror (source: AnkitGourav @xda)
- Latest Magisk (source: topjohnwu @xda)
- SuperSU v2.82
How Install TWRP on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Connect your Redmi Note 5 pro to your PC with a USB cable and launch ADB. On Windows, just go to the adb folder and enter cmd in the address bar. If you have Minimal ADB & Fastboot you can simply search for it and click on it to launch it. On Mac and Linux, you can simply launch a Terminal window to start using ADB.
- Reboot your phone into fastboot mode using the following ADB command.
adb reboot bootloader
- Once in fastboot mode, flash the TWRP image you downloaded earlier.
fastboot flash recovery /path/to/twrp-3.2.1-0-whyred.img
Replace /path/to/ with the location path of the image file. This step can be avoided if you move the TWRP image inside the adb folder. This will shorten the command down to:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.1-0-whyred.img
- Now reboot your device using the following command:
How To Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Connect your device to the PC again and use the adb command given below to boot it into the newly installed TWRP recovery.
adb reboot recovery
- Once in TWRP recovery, it’s wise to first take a full NANDroid backup of your device, just in case you may want to revert your device back to a working state. To do this, go to Backup and select all the partitions. Swipe at the bottom to begin the backup process.
- When you have a backup, or you have decided to skip it, select Install from the TWRP main menu.
- Navigate to and select the downloaded Magisk or SuperSU zip file and select it.
- Swipe at the bottom to flash the zip.
- When it is done, you will see a Reboot system button at the bottom, tap on it and your device will reboot.
Viola! You can now enjoy root privilege and custom recovery on your Xiaomi Note 5 Pro.