Two of the expensive fitness tracking watches suited for Android watches come in the form of Fitbit Charge 3 and Samsung Galaxy Fit2 Pro. Both are priced well above 10K INR. Here we compare the design, functions, connectivity, battery and other features of these fitness watches and you can determine which one suits your lifestyle.
- Both the Fitbit Charge 3 and the Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro are dustproof and water resistant at depth equal to or lower than 50 meters. They can withstand showers and are good for swimming.
- Both the models are sweatproof as they should be for use in Gyms and while jogging.
- Samsung and Fitbit models have branded damage resistant glass like a Corning Glass or Asahi Dragontrail Glass which are thin, lightweight and can withstand damage.
- The watch band for both models is replaceable. You can replace it with bands of similar size.
- The Fitbit Charge 3 has an OLED display and the Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro has an AMOLED display.
- The Fitbit has no built-in GPS whereas the Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro has built-in GPS.
- Both models have heart rate monitors and accelerometers installed.
- The Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro also has a Barometer and a Gyroscope.
- The Fitbit Charge 3 can track elevation like when you are climbing stairs.
- Both models deliver activity reports.
- Both the devices can automatically detect activities like jogging without manually having to start this feature.
- You will be able to measure pace with these models.
- Both models can track your sleep patterns.
- They can track distances as well.
- They can count the calories burnt, the number of steps taken while exercising.
- Both the Fitbit and Samsung models can provide sleep reports and have exercise tagging.
- Fitbit Charge 3 can track water intake by logging the data every time you drink water and it also has weight tracking features. Again you have to log in the data yourself and then you can track the progress.
- Both models use arm movement sensors to count the number of strokes when swimming.
- The Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro has a route tracker installed. You will be able to add routes onto a map and will be helpful in case you plan to travel the same route again.
- The Fitbit Charge 3 has a multi-sport mode with which you will be able to switch between various sports such as running, cycling and swimming. This is a useful feature for athletes.
- The Fitbit is a useful addition to a diver’s collection since it comes with trimix and nitrox support along with a built-in diving planner.
- The Fitbit Charge 3 and the Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro sync wirelessly all the required data without any need for external cables.
- They automatically sync once they come in range with connected PCs or smartphones.
- Both models are compatible with Android phones as well as iOS devices.
- Fitbit Charge 3 supports Bluetooth version 4.0 and the Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro supports Bluetooth version 4.2.
- The Fitbit Charge 3 is compatible with MyFitness Pal, MapMyFitness and RunKeeper.
- The Fitbit Charge 3 supports NFC and can be used as an alternate payment device.
- Fitbit is also compatible with Windows Phones.
- Neither has a WiFi connectivity feature installed.
- Fitbit Charge 3 scores in this department providing an amazing 7-day battery back up whereas the Samsung GearFit2 Pro provides an amazing 3 days of battery life.
- Both have Battery level indicators.
- They come with rechargeable batteries,
- The Fitbit Charge 3 has a battery power of 71mAh and the Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro has a battery power of 200maAh.
- Neither supports wireless charging.
- Batteries are non-removable.
- Both the Fitbit Charge 3 and the Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro have silent alarm feature where they can wake you up using vibrations and it won’t wake up your roommates.
- The Fitbit Charge 3 has inactivity alerts where if you remain idle for too long, it will alert you of the same.
- Samsung model is weather-sealed and has a curved display.
- The Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro has smart alarm features which slowly wakes you up from your sleep rather than banging the alarm on the set time. This way you would be more fresh and alert.
- Both the devices have notification features enabled for calls and messages. They will vibrate and make a small noise to inform you of the notification.
- Both of these models are compatible with heart rate monitors.
- Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro has music playback features installed in the watch.
Why you should choose Fitbit Charge 3
- Compared to the three-day battery life offered by the Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro, the Fitbit Charge 3 offers 7-day battery backup on a full charge.
- The Fitbit Charge 3 has the feature to track elevation whereas the Samsung model does not come with this feature. Fitbit Charge can detect changes in elevation. It can detect when you are climbing stairs.
- Fitbit model offers alert when you have been idle for far too long.
- The Fitbit Charge also has NFC feature enabled. NFC (short for Near Field Communication) helps to perform wireless transactions.
- It can track weight and water intake.