Two wired headsets under Rs.5000 from Sony, namely the Extra Bass Sony MDR-XB450AP and the Sony MDR-XBR550AP are reviewed here. The 450AP model comes for Rs.2500 and the 550AP model comes at RS.3200. So is the price difference justified? Let’s compare them in terms of design, connectivity, battery life, and connectivity.
- Both the 450AP model and the 550AP model has stereo speakers. Both of them have stereo speakers on both sides of the headphone capable of delivering sound providing for a better overall audio experience.
- The 550AP model and the 450AP model have an on-ear form.
- The 550AP model is slightly heavier.
- Neither headsets are sweat resistant. Hence they cannot be used for jogging or in Gyms.
- The 550AP model from Sony has a foldable design so that they are easily portable and occupy less storage space compared to the 450AP model.
- Neither headphones are weather sealed.
- The highest frequency rating of both headphones is 22000Hz each. Therefore both produce crisp and clear treble.
- The lowest frequency rating of both headphones is also similar so that the bass produced by both headphones is also similar and high.
- Both headsets have a high sound pressure level with 102dB/mW providing loud sound.
- The Sony MDR-XB550AP sits tightly on your ear providing passive noise cancellation or sound isolation. This prevents music from leaking out of your headsets and reduces background noise. The 450AP model provides no sound isolation
- Both headsets have 24-ohm impedance providing high volume at less power.
- The 450AP and 550AP models use the same 30mm driver unit.
- They use neodymium magnet making them lighter with high bass and clear high notes compared to other headsets using ferrite magnets.
- Both have a 3.5mm headphone connector.
- Both headsets have built-in microphones.
- Neither has a control panel on the device for easier operation.
- The headsets have in-line remote controls
- Both headsets have 1.2m cable with y-type connector and L-shaped gold plated 4-pole mini plug.
Why you should choose Sony MDR-XB550AP
- The 550AP model has sound isolation or passive noise cancellation features enabled.
- It has a foldable design.
- It has a 3.5mm headphone jack.
|Model||Buy from Amazon|