Sony WF-SP900 earbuds and Samsung Galaxy earbuds are two of the best wireless earbuds available in the market. They are equally amazing when it comes to delivering high-quality sound rivaling the Apple Airpods. Let’s compare the performances of Sony WF-SP900 vs Samsung Galaxy Buds.
- Both earbuds have stereo speakers.
- While Sony earbuds are weather-sealed, Samsung for some reason has not equipped its earbuds with this feature.
- Sony earbuds and Samsung Galaxy earbuds are both sweat resistant.
- Samsung Galaxy earbuds are slightly on the lower side when it comes to weight. It weighs just about 6 grams. Sony earbud is slightly on the heavier side. It weighs approximately 14.6 grams.
- Samsung Galaxy buds do not have dust and water-resistant features enabled. Sony earbuds are superior when it comes to this category in that they are both dustproof and water-resistant.
- Samsung earbuds have an in-ear form whereas the Sony earbuds do not have this feature.
- Neither has removable speakers.
- Sony WF-SP900 has 4GB of onboard storage.
- When it comes to sound quality, both earbuds are far better than most earbuds in the market. However, the Samsung Galaxy earbuds have passive noise reduction features which makes it slightly better than the Sony earbuds.
- Neither has active noise canceling feature.
- The Samsung Galaxy earbuds have a Neodymium magnet but the Sony WF-SP900 doesn’t.
- Both have 2 noise-canceling microphones.
- Both the Samsung and Sony earbuds have rechargeable batteries providing a battery life of about 6 hours with a battery level indicator.
- Samsung Galaxy earbuds provide up to 6 hours of battery life with an additional 7 hours from the case that doubles as a wireless charger.
- Sony earbuds have 150 minutes of usage time and 3.5 hours of charging time.
- The Samsung Galaxy earbuds use the latest Bluetooth 5.0 technology and the Sony earbuds use Bluetooth 4.0 technology.
- The Sony earbuds support Bluetooth pairing using NFC but the Samsung Galaxy earbuds do not.
- Sony WF-SP900 employs voice commands for connecting and disconnecting whereas the Samsung Galaxy earbuds do not use voice commands.
- Samsung Galaxy earbuds provide amazing sound quality tuned by the AKG driver that produces high bass. It has Ambient Aware features enabled that lets you tune how much surrounding sound that you can let in. It has a quick Ambient mode that allows you to hear traffic, other people sounds, etc. The box comes with three adjustable ear tips and wingtip sizes. You can pair the earbuds with both Android and iOS smartphones through Bluetooth connection.
- Sony WF-SP900 has a battery usage time of 150 minutes and a charging time of 3.5 hours. It uses Bluetooth 4.0 version and supports NFC, The earbuds have an internal storage memory of 4GB. It has a charging case and has dust and water-resistant features enabled.
Why you should buy Sony earbuds over Samsung Galaxy Buds?
- Sony WF-SP900 is better than Samsung Galaxy Buds in that Sony earbuds are weather sealed.
- They have voice commands.
- Sony earbuds have IPX5/8 waterproof and IP6X dustproof features enabled.
- They also have voice prompts. Voice prompts are absent in Samsung earbuds.
- Sony even equipped its earbuds with Bluetooth pairing using NFC.
|Samsung Galaxy Bud|